Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
The Author’s Guideline of IJESTE (International Journal of Education, Science, Technology, and Engineering)
IJESTE (International Journal of Education, Science, Technology, and Engineering), with registered number 2685-1458 (p-ISSN) and 2684-9844 (e-ISSN). IJESTE is a peer-reviewed, scientific journal published by Lamintang Education & Training (LET) Centre. The aim of this journal is to publish high-quality articles dedicated to all aspects of the latest outstanding developments in the field of Education, Science, Technology, and Engineering. IJESTE published biannual (i.e. June and December), in Indonesian, Malay, and English.
Online IJESTE (International Journal of Education, Science, Technology, and Engineering) was available since December 2018 or since the release of Volume 1, Number 1, Year 2018. This journal was indexed in Indonesian Scientific Journal Database (ISJD), Indonesia Publication Index (IPI) and Google Scholar. The IJESTE (International Journal of Education, Science, Technology, and Engineering) editorial board invites you to submit your manuscript to be published in this journal. The example of writing format article is HERE.
2. How to Write the Title, the Name, and the Author’s Address
The title of the manuscript should be written on the top of the first page with the center text alignment. Meanwhile, the author’s name (without academic degree), and the affiliation address of the author, should be written with the center text alignment also under the title of the article. The author should give two line spaces between the title and the author’s name. Then, the space between the author’s affiliation address and the abstract title is one space. The keywords must be written below the overall abstract for all words. Those should be arranged in alphabetical order and be separated by semicolon maximally three to five words. Moreover, the title of the article that is written in Bahasa Indonesia should be also stated in English either (look at the example above).
The responsible author, the correspondence author, or the corresponding author must be written first and then followed by the second, the third, and so on. The communication regarding the article revision and the final statement will be informed via email to the correspondence author only. If there is more than one author, the author’s names should be written down separated by comma (,). If the author’s name consists of at least two words, the first name should not be shorted. If the author’s names are only one word, it should be written as it is. However, in the online version, it will be written in two words with the same name repeatedly for the purpose of the metadata indexing. (Camdali and Tunc, 2006; Fridman, 2008).
3. The Manuscript General Guidelines
The manuscript text general guidelines are as follows:
- The manuscript is the authentic research result that has not been published yet in other publication media or publishing houses.
- The manuscript does not contain any plagiarism element. The editorial board will directly reject the text that indicates plagiarism.
- The submission and the publication processes are free, without any additional fees.
- The manuscript that has been written under the guidelines of IJESTE(in MS Word format, use this article template) must be submitted through Online Submission System using Open Journal System (OJS) on the IJESTE E-journal portal (http://http://lamintang.org/journal/index.php/ijeste/) choose only one procedure. Then, register as one of the author or reviewer in the “Register” bottom.
- The manuscript article writing guidelines and template can be downloaded. The template and the guidelines of the article writing are available in MS Word (.doc) format.
- The manuscript online submission can be viewed in the part of online submission guidelines below.
- The manuscript which is inappropriate with the IJESTE writing guidelines will be returned to the author before the reviewing process.
- The manuscript should contain several aspects of a scientific article as follows: (subtitles as the order), which are: (a) the title of the article, (b) the author’s name (no academic title), (c) the affiliated author’s address, (d) the author’s email (e) the abstract and the keywords, (f) the introduction, (g) the research method (h), the research findings and discussion (i), the conclusion (j), the references.
- The subtitles included in the discussion part (Introduction, Theoretical Review, Writing Methods, Result and Discussion, and Conclusion) should be numbered in the Arabic numbering order started from one. The subtitles are written in the bold and title case format. It uses the left text alignment without underline. The next expanded subtitles should be written in the bold and sentence case format, It should use the left text alignment and the numbering format level two.
- The manuscript can be written both in Bahasa Indonesia or English with the standard language. The manuscript should consist of fifteen (15) to twenty (20) pages including pictures and tables. The manuscript text ought to be written as this article template in the camera ready mode. The article is written on A4-sized papers (210x297 mm), with custom margins as follows: left 25 mm, right 20 mm, bottom 20 mm and top 30 mm.
- The text of the articles must be in Time New Roman, 12pt font size, 1.5 line-spacing, separated into one column.
- The words from uncommon or foreign languages are stated in Italic format. For the article in Bahasa Indonesia, foreign terms or words should be avoided. Each paragraph started 10mm from the left side border while there are no spaces among paragraphs. All numbers are written in Arabic numbering format, except for the new sentence.
- The tables and pictures are placed in the text group after the referenced tables or pictures. Each picture must be given a caption (Figure Caption) below the picture and be numbered in Arabic numbering format followed by the picture title. Each table must be given a table title (Table Caption) and numbered in Arabic numbering format above the table followed by the table title. The pictures attachment should be guaranteed that they can be printed well (font size, resolution and line space are clearly seen). The picture, the table, and the chart should be placed in the centre between text groups. If it has a bigger size, it can be placed in the centre of the page. The table should not contain vertical lines, while horizontal lines are allowed only for the important point.
4. The Guidelines for the Manuscript Body Text
The title of the manuscript: The title should be informative and be written both briefly and clearly. It cannot diverse multi interpretations. It has to be pinpoint with the issues that will be discussed. The beginning word is written in a capital case and symmetrically. The article title does not contain any uncommon abbreviation. The main ideas should be written first and followed then by its explanations. The article title should be written within twelve words, 12pt-sized font, with the bold selection and in the centre text format. Meanwhile, the abstract has to be written within 150-200 words maximum and followed by three to five keywords.
Introduction: The introduction must contain (shortly and consecutively) a general background and a literature review (state of the art) as the basis of the brand new research question, statements of the brand new scientific article, main research problems, and the hypothesis. In the final part of the introduction, the purpose of the article writing should be stated. In the scientific article format, it does not allow to write down the references as in the research report. They should be represented in the literature review to show the brand new of the scientific article.
The literature review: contains a systematic description of previous studies relevant to the research. This section describes the strengths and limitations of previous research that can be material for the argument that the current work is conducted to refine or develop prior research. This section also contains a theoretical basis, basic concepts and principles required for problem-solving related to the research. The literature review can be in the form of qualitative descriptions, mathematical models, concepts, or tools related to the study. All sources cited in the study must be clearly written in the reference list.
Research Methods: The method is implemented to solve problems, including analytic methods. The methods used in the problem solving of the research are explained in this part.
Discussion and Result: This part consists of the research results and how they are discussed. The results obtained from the research have to be supported by sufficient data. The research results and the discovery must be the answers or the research hypothesis stated previously in the introduction part.
Conclusion: This is the final part containing conclusions and advice. The conclusions will be the answers to the hypothesis, the research purposes and the research discoveries. The conclusions should not contain only the repetition of the results and discussions. It should be the summary of the research results as the author expects in the research purposes or the hypothesis. The advice contains suggestions associated with further ideas from the research.
References: All the references used in the article must be listed in this part. In this part, all the used references must be taken from primary sources (scientific journals and the least number is 80% of all the references) published in the last ten years. Each article should have at least ten references.
5. The Guidelines for the Citations and References
The author(s) should cite several articles from IJESTE (International Journal of Education, Science, Technology, and Engineering). All the server data or quotes in the article taken from the other author articles should attach the reference sources. The references should use a reference application management such as Mendeley, EndNote, or Zotero. The writing format used in IJESTE (International Journal of Education, Science, Technology, and Engineering) follows the format applied by APA 6th Edition (American Psychological Association).
6. The Guidelines for the Literature Reviews
The literature reviews should use a reference application management such as Mendeley, EndNote, or Zotero. The writing format used in IJESTE (International Journal of Education, Science, Technology, and Engineering) follows the format applied by APA 6th Edition (American Psychological Association).
7. The Online Submission Manuscript Guidelines
The manuscript text must be submitted by one of two systems (the second procedure is more preferable):
- The document should be submitted by Online Submission System in the IJESTE (International Journal of Education, Science, Technology, and Engineering) E-journal portal Here.
- Firstly, the author should register as either an author or reviewer (checking role as author or reviewer) in the “Register” or Here
- After the registration step is completed, log in as an author, click on “New Submission”. The article submission stage consists of five stages, such as: (1). Start, (2). Upload Submission, (3). Enter Metadata, (4). Upload Supplementary Files, (5). Confirmation.
- In the “Start” column, chose the Journal Section (Full Article), check all the checklists.
- In the “Upload Submission” Columns, upload the manuscript files in MSWord format in this column.
- In the “Enter Metadata” columns, fill in with all the author data and affiliation. Including the Journal Title, Abstract and Indexing Keywords.
- In the “Upload Supplementary Files” columns, the author is allowed to upload supplementary files, the statement letter, or any other else.
- In the “Confirmation” columns, if the data you entered are all correct already, then click “Finish Submission”.
- If the author has difficulties in the submission process through the online system, please contact IJESTE editorial team at email@example.com
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.